I would like to announce that you do not have to enroll in the full course to listen to Askdoc’s USMLE Step 1 Prep Course Live Lectures. You can now choose to attend the Live Lectures only for US$ 200. If you decide to enroll in the full course within the next 2 months, you are entitled to a credit of US$100 from the price of the full course.
What is Askdoc’s USMLE Step 1 Live Lectures?
Unlike other courses, my live lectures concentrate on teaching you how to study for the USMLE Step 1, rather than what to study. It is composed of 6 1.5 hour lectures, presented live over the web. The lectures includes the following:
1. How to Master the USMLE Step 1: This lecture discusses and explains the basis for the study methodologies in the course. It discusses what is unique about the USMLE, why you need to study a certain way to do well. It outlines basic principles you need to consider in designing your review, how long you need to study, what you need to study, how much you need to study, understanding how test questions are designed and how that should impact your study and much much more.
2. How to Review Pathology: This discusses in more detail the study methodologies covered in the first lecture using Pathology as an example. It also covers certain methodologies unique to studying Pathology and the way the USMLE asks questions in Pathology
3. Scheduling your Prep: Too many people do not know how to schedule their prep. In fact some have a hard time keeping to a schedule or even tracking their progress and adjusting the schedule accordingly. No schedule is written in stone and should be adjusted according to your own capacity to learn and time you can allot for the review. Explains the prep schedule for the online course and how to use Askdoc’s USMLE Step 1 Schedule Organizer to plan your schedule and keep track of your progress. Download the suggested prep schedule for participants in the online course here.
4. How to Review Microbiology and Pharmacology: Discuss how the study methodologies are applied in reviewing Microbiology and Pharmacology. Includes discussions on methods unique to studying both subjects including how to create and use flashcards which are most effective for this two subjects.
5. How to Review the Minor 4 Subjects: The minor 4 subjects includes Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Behavioral Sciences. There are special problems and methods for studying these topics. Plus there is a need to integrate this topics with the more advanced subjects of Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology since questions will usually focus on this integration.
6. Test Preparation Strategies:. This lecture focuses not only on test-taking strategies or the so-called tips and tricks. It covers all aspect for taking the USMLE exam, including correcting bad habits and thought processes that negatively impact your ability to get the right answers, speed building to help you finish each block ahead of time and much much more. You could know all the medical concepts tested in the USMLE and still get a low score.
If you want to see a sample of what we generally discuss in the lecture sessions, please refer to my earlier post with an introductory video to the first lecture. How to Master the USMLE Step 1 – An Introduction.
To enroll in the lectures or find out more about them, please go to http://main.askdoc-usmle.com.