When I first started thinking about taking the USMLE Steps, my first inclination was to find out everything about this examination. Not just the official version or materials about the USMLE but also all the nuts and bolts and tips and tricks or ‘secrets’.
Researching the information requires going through various official sites, blogs, forums and books. There was the additional problems of conflicting recommendations and some outright lies that you have to sort through.
It took me quite a while to gather the right information and I have decided to write them down and place them in one section of my blog under USMLE FAQ. If you have any questions you would like me to include in the FAQ section. Please do not hesitate to let me know via the comments section.
The series so far
- What is the USMLE?
- USMLE Step 1 or Step 2 CK – Which Exam Should I Take First?
- What are High Yield Topics?
- What are Experimental Questions in the USMLE?
- Is Kaplan Enough for USMLE Step 1 Review?
- Is First Aid Alone Enough for USMLE Step 1 Review
- Is the USMLE Getting Tougher every Year?
- Is the Version of the USMLE for IMGs harder than for AMGs?